Badminton Newfoundland and Labrador is seeking a candidate to fill the volunteer position of Manager for the Provincial Badminton Team attending the Canada Winter Games, February 15 to March 4th, 2019. Note that the badminton competition will be held in the second week of the Games.
The manager is responsible to the Head Coach of the team and works in coordination with the athletes and two assistant coaches. The following criteria are essential:
- Candidate must be female as the Head Coach is male
- Candidate must have reached the age of majority (18 or over)
Roles and responsibilities primary to the Team Manager role include:
- Coordination of equipment and uniform distribution once received
- Travel and accommodation to the Canada Games in coordination with Team NL
- Supervision of athletes in coordination with team coaches
- Attending coach/manager meetings convened by Team NL
- If required, assist in arranging venues/accommodations for team training prior to the Games
Travel costs for the Team Manager
- Transportation and accommodations to attend the Canada Games is provided by Team NL
- Transportation and accommodations to accompany the team to either of two out-of-province competitions which occur prior to the Games will be subsidized by Badminton NL
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience as a sports team manager, such as school or university team, especially if travel involved
- Coaching qualification or experience in badminton is not essential
- Valid police Criminal Records Screening Certificate (Certificate of Conduct) will be requested upon acceptance
Resume/CV with a cover letter is to be submitted to Board of Directors, Badminton NL via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail subject line must read: CWG Badminton Team Manager – ‘Your Name’.
This is a volunteer position which provides some compensation for actual expenses only.
All interested persons are encouraged to submit an application; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The deadline for submission of applications is August 25, 2018.