Badminton Newfoundland and Labrador is pleased to hold the 2015 Eastern Open Badminton Tournament April 18, 2015 at Prince of Wales Collegiate, Paton Street, St. John's, NL.
All events will be conducted using a round robin pool format with competition held in Men’s Singles, Women’s Singles, Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles, and Mixed Doubles.
Note: Minimum age 16 as of December 31,2014; unless approved by Badminton NL Board.
- All events will be conducted using a round robin pool format with Advanced/Intermediate divisions.
- Athletes/teams will compete in round robin pools of 4 where possible but a pool may have 3 or 5 athletes/teams to fit the number of entries.
- In events where there is more than one pool, a play-off will be used to determine the winner, runner-up and third place.
- A minimum of two teams is required for an event. Individual events may be cancelled due to low numbers at the discretion of the tournament director.
- Sufficient entries must be received to pay costs, otherwise tournament will be cancelled.
Feather shuttles will be available for purchase at $2.50 each. Athletes may bring their own feather shuttles. If both players/teams agree, Yonex plastic may be used.
10 p.m. , Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Entry for each athlete must indicate:
- Total fee for events (male or female singles, male or female doubles, mixed)
- Fee of $10 for affiliation (unless a member of an affiliated club)
- Competition fee, $6 unless yearly rate of $12 already paid.
- Insurance fee $6 for tournament or $12 yearly rate (Optional).
- Email address to send competition and schedule updates
Entries will be accepted by email to Geoff Robinson: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEE
1 event $15, 2 events $20 and 3 events $25
Fees must be paid before the start of play and are payable by cash, cheque or money order
Schedule will be made available Friday April 17th, with warm up starting at 8:30 AM, play beginning at 9:00 AM April 18th, Saturday morning.
For more info please see the attached documents.